Evans School Critical Need Fund

Evans School Critical Need Fund


Why does the University of Washington need my gift?

Gifts to the UW enrich student educational opportunities, support ground-breaking research, and strengthen programs that benefit the community and world at large. 

Where can I mail a check to support the UW?

Please make your check payable to the University of Washington Foundation and indicate which fund or program you wish to support.  You can mail your check to the following address.

University of Washington Foundation
Box 359505
Seattle, WA 98195

What are the tax benefits of a gift to the UW?

Your gift may be tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal tax purposes as allowed by IRS regulations.  The UW Foundation’s federal tax id is 94-3079432.

Gifts of securities (tax id# 91-6001537) may have additional tax benefits.

Does the UW use a portion of my gift for administrative or other purposes?

As is customary with universities and other non-profit organizations, a gift assessment is applied to select current use gifts upon their receipt, providing essential support to the University of Washington’s advancement efforts and institutional priorities. The assessment is 5 percent and applies only to contributions over $1,000 and under $5 million.

Since 1990, endowed gifts are assessed an annual fee of 1 percent of a five-year rolling average, which supports the UW’s advancement efforts and offsets internal investment management costs.

How can I view my giving history to the UW online?

Please visit My UW Giving where you can track your giving history, print gift receipts and more.

How can I update my contact information?

You can update your information online, send an email to UW Updates or call 1-800-326-7566 from 8am to 5pm to update your information.  You can also update your information in My UW Giving.

What calendar does the University of Washington use to recognize gifts?

The UW recognizes gifts according to the University’s fiscal year, which runs from July 1 to June 30.

How do I specify that my gift is in honor or in memory of someone?

You may make your gift in honor or in memory of a special person in your life when you make you gift online. Please specify whether your gift is in honor or in memory of someone using the buttons provided on the giving form as you enter your personal information.

How can I determine if my company has a matching gift program?

You can look up your employer using our matching company form.  Some companies will double or even triple your contribution to the UW and some will even match retirees!

I am a UW faculty member or staff person.  May I use payroll deduction to support the UW?

Yes, payroll deduction is available to UW employees.  Please visit our faculty and staff page to learn more.

I still can’t find an answer to my question.  What should I do next?

Please contact us via email at give2uw@uw.edu or phone at 1-800-326-7566 or 206-685-1980. We are here to help!


Our Crowdfunding Groups